The Suicide Prevention Center of NY is pleased to recognize those people and organizations that have made outstanding contributions in the areas of suicide prevention, intervention care and postvention in NYS. As part of the 2017 New York State Suicide Prevention Center’s Conference: Pillars of Prevention, we will celebrate our awardees on Monday, September 18, 2017 at the Hilton in downtown Albany, NY.
We need your help and invite you to nominate individuals, community coalitions and/or organizations from New York State who have made a difference and advanced the initiative in the following categories:
- Advocacy & Policy
- Community/Organization & Capacity Building
- Community Postvention & Survivor Support
- Innovation in the Field
- Media (e.g., Traditional and New Media, Public Awareness Campaigns, Social Media, etc.)
- Research & Evaluation
- Suicide Care
- Youth Suicide Prevention
- Pillar One of the NYS Suicide Prevention Plan: Prevention in Health & Behavioral Healthcare Settings
- Pillar Two of the NYS Suicide Prevention Plan: Prevention across the Lifespan in Communities
- Pillar Three of the NYS Suicide Prevention Plan: Surveillance & Data to Inform Suicide Prevention/ Better Data
Other Nominations are due Friday, June 30, 2017, and award recipients and nominators will be announced in July.