Nomination Request: Suicide Prevention Center of New York’s Awards for Excellence in Suicide Prevention
The Suicide Prevention Center of New York invites you to nominate individuals, community coalitions and/or organizations from our state who exemplify New Yorkers Advancing Suicide Prevention in Healthcare, Schools and Communities. We will recognize our awardees at this year’s New York State Suicide Prevention Conference on Thursday, September 20, 2018 during the luncheon at the Desmond Hotel & Conference Center in Albany, NY.
Selection Criteria (Possible 15 points)
Nominees will be rated based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated impact in one of the following categories: (5 points)
- Creating Suicide Safer Health Systems
- Creating and Strengthening Suicide Safer Communities
- Creating and Strengthening Suicide Safer School and Youth Initiatives
- Journey of Healing – advocacy work by attempt and/or loss survivors
- Exceptional commitment to suicide prevention as evidenced by achievements that go above and beyond their job duties (5 points)
- Engaging and inspiring presence that motivates their community (5 points)
- Award recipients are determined SOLELY on the content of the written nominations, which must be limited to 500 words. (approximately one paragraph).
- All nominations will be rated by a committee of five raters
- Once an individual wins an award in a given category, they are no longer eligible to win in the future under the same category.
- Suicide Prevention Center of New York and Suicide Prevention Office staff cannot nominate or be nominated.
Nominations are due Thursday, July 19, 2018. Award recipients and nominators will be announced in late July.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org