Suicide Prevention Center of New York’s Awards for Excellence in Suicide Prevention
The Suicide Prevention Center of New York invites you to nominate individuals, community coalitions and/or organizations from our state who exemplify this year’s conference theme “Stronger Together: Embracing diversity in state/local partnerships in suicide prevention.”
We will recognize our awardees at this year’s New York State Suicide Prevention Conference on Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at a Banquet dinner at the Desmond Hotel & Conference Center in Albany, NY. Awardees and nominators will be provided with one night of lodging, conference and Banquet attendance on September 18.
Nominations should describe achievement in and commitment to the creation and strengthening of a suicide safer New York State.
Awards will be given in the following categories
- Creating Suicide Safer Health Systems
- Creating and Strengthening Suicide Safer Communities
- Creating and Strengthening Suicide Safer School and Youth Initiatives
- Journey of Healing – advocacy work by attempt and/or loss survivors
Selection Criteria (Possible 15 points)
Nominees will be rated based on the following criteria:
- How the nominee has demonstrated impact in the selected area (5 points)
- Exceptional commitment to suicide prevention, intervention or postvention as evidenced by achievements (5 points)
- Engaging and inspiring presence that motivates others to take action (5 points)
- Award recipients are determined on the content of your written 500-word nomination
- All nominations will be rated by a committee of five
- Nominators will be given 2 minutes to introduce the awardee at the banquet
- Awardees in a given category are no longer eligible for future nomination under the same category.
- Current SPCNY and SPO staff cannot nominate or be nominated.
- If an awardee is nominated by several individuals, SPCNY reserves the right to choose which nominator will be invited to present the award.
Nominations are due July 12, 2019. Award recipients and nominators will be announced by August 12, 2019.